Thursday, September 27, 2007

Animal Woes

I really miss our animal's. Owen (dog) and Naomi (cat) were adopted by my parents and aunt & uncle, respectively.

We tried really hard to bring them with us, but it just didn't work out for various reasons. I'd link to other blog posts describing it in detail, but I still can't figure out how to do that on these UK keyboards.

I know they are in great homes and are well taken care of, which is a HUGE relief. It really cuts down on my level of worry. And we are so extrememly grateful for the sacrifices they have made by adopting them. But I still miss them both very much. And it's sad to think that they are seperated, since they basically grew up together from the time they were about 4 months old.

Most mornings when I wake up, still in the half asleep mode, my first thought is, "I need to go let Owen out." Then I wake up completely and am saddened once again. I'll even walk in our front door sometimes expecting to be greeted with meow's and a wagging tail.

But, we had to make sacrifices to move here, and they were all worth it since we know this is where we're supposed to be. In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that bad of a thing, just difficult at the moment.

No comments: