Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Delayed Reflections on the Weekend.

It's already Wednesday, but I'm just now reviewing the weekend in my mind, so here it is:

Friday: Went jogging. Bought donuts for co-workers at Rainbow Donuts. Worked until 1:00. Went to the Marathon/8K expo at the Omni to pick up the 18 running packets for all of my co-workers (why did I volunteer to do this? oh yeah, because I'm the only one who lives in the city, and everyone else thinks they'll got shot or mugged if they drive east of Boulevard). I thought it would be as easy as handing a list of names to someone and being handed 18 bags. I was very wrong. First find their name and write down their number. (See boss, also picking up packets, and ask him for help carrying tons of stuff.) Take co-workers #'s to a nice lady named Ethel who gave me timing chips and bib numbers. Take these timing chips (30 minutes later) to the man who scans them to be sure they are correct. Walk through the expo and want to buy lots of stuff, resist, but accept bosses gift of The Stick (it's awesome). Get 18 bags. Get the correct sized t-shirts for myself and 17 co-workers and put them in bags. Leave. Walk directly outside the Omni to the AMAZING parking spot I got even though there were THOUSANDS of people around, all trying to get into the Omni.

Came home to my hard-working husband starting the first coat of paint on the exterior of our house...YAY! It's a beautiful bright light green, thanks Sherwin-Williams.

Went to see Borat, I don't even know where to start, so I'm leaving that one alone. Left movie, while taking 5 minutes in parking lot to decide where to go post-Borat, a police officer treated us (all 25+) like 13 year old punk kids and told us to "leave the premises". Short Pump is a foreign land. I love the city so very much. Here police officers have real criminals to chase and leave the rest of us alone. I pray I will never have to live in a suburb.

Saturday: Woke up 5 minutes before I was supposed to be meeting my co-workers at the office to give them all their race packets. Made it from bed to office in 8 minutes. Ran the 8K. Had to pee the whole entire time, it was very scary. Since I somehow missed the port-a-johns, I seriously considered asking an on-looker in the Fan if I could use their bathroom, but decided to run as fast as I could to the finish. Ran in a great time for myself, 41.50, 8.30 per mile, mostly thanks to my bladder.
Came home to wonderful friends and husband working on painting interior and exterior of house. Worked on the house the rest of the day. Ate McDonald's for dinner, no energy to cook or even buy decent take-out.

Sunday: Slept in, didn't go to Sunday School. Went to Wa-Wa for gas, coffee and breakast, yum. Went to the 11:00 worship service at Stony Point Church, listened to a great sermon on being a peacemaker. Was treated to lunch by my parents at the Hill Cafe. Took a nap since it was the best nap weather ever. Went to Franklin Street Community and talked to lots of great people. Had coffee and biggest chocolate chip cookie ever. Went back to SPC for congregational meeting. Went home, did some laundry, ate a quesadilla James made for me, made lunches for monday, used The Stick to massage my aching left calf, relaxed with husband and dog, went to sleep.

No comments: