Monday, June 25, 2007

Kashi, I love you.

I like cereal. But not the kind that gives you more of a sugar high than three Snickers and a bag of Reese's. Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose to eat that much sugar for breakfast?

My most favorite kind of cereal is Cracklin' Oat Bran. But it comes in a smaller box than most cereal's and is way expensive. So I don't ever buy it. Not too long ago James and I were at Wal-Mart, and apparently on a cereal extravaganza, we bought three boxes and two bags of cereal. About of week later, I didn't think we had enough variety, so I bought some Kashi cereal. I'd heard from my mother-in-law that it was really good, but thought it looked like there was no way it could be good with two people's faces on the front of the box with the tagline, "Good Friends."

I'm now a hard core Kashi fan. I first bought Honey Almond Flax, and Oat Flakes with Wild Blueberry Clusters. Yum. Be careful with the former, you've gotta let the nutty goodness soak in your milk for a while, or your teeth might break. When I checked out their website, I was even more sold. Their food is listed third on their home page; pretty good marketing strategy if you ask me.

One tip for you when you're looking for your first box of Kashi delightfulness: go to Wal-Mart, it's twice as expensive at Kroger.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that box looks odd, with the happy friends on it.

But, hey, maybe I will give it a try. And you are right about Wal-Mart. They're changing ours to a Super Wal-Mart, and I can't wait.

ALF said...

Wal-Mart is the devil.