Tuesday, September 04, 2007

my last day at work...or not

I drove to work fully prepared to hold back the flood of emotion that would inevitably overwhelm me today. I was pleasantly surprised when I only cried twice and was able to pull it together quickly. It was no shocker when I found out both my mom and my mother-in-law had been praying for me all day.

I said my goodbyes to most people, not all since I will be back next Monday to have my teeth cleaned one last time. After everyone was gone, my boss asked me if I would consider coming in tomorrow morning since the schedule was crazy and a few people would be out. It was easy to say yes because a.)I love my job, b.)I still have some things to do to transition other people into doing the things I usually do, and c.)it's hard to say no to his simple request since he's done so much for me over the past two years.

So tomorrow morning I know I'll hear this 25x's: "What are you doing here, I thought yesterday was your last day!?" This whole saying goodbye thing is getting to be anti-climatic.

No comments: