Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving...Really!

We celebrated Thanksgiving last night, it was glorious! Some American friends live about an hour from us, and it turned out that yesterday was good for everyone to get together. There were 10 of us, and an incredible amount of delicious food.

I love Scottish people, but it's nice every once in a while to be among Americans. I don't realize how tiring it is to constantly be listening intently to make sure my American ear deciphers the accent and slang of a Scot, until I'm around all Americans and I understand every nuance of the conversation with ease.

The day was carried out in true American fashion: we ate way too much then sat around and enjoyed each others company. One of the girls even got out her guitar and we sang together for a while. It was an awesome day. The only thing that was missing was American football.

No comments: