Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving...Sorta

Since Scottish people don't celebrate Thanksgiving, we had a different kind of celebration.

A family asked us to go to Inverness (the big city an hour away from us) for dinner and a concert. We saw Blazin' Fiddles. It was 5 fiddlers, a guitarist, and a pianist. The pianist was my favorite, so intense, mad scientist looking. The fiddlers were incredibly fast; there was a point when I wouldn't have been surprised if the fiddles did burst into flames.

Dinner was at a place called the Snow Goose. We sat right next to a blazin' fire (seeing a trend?). The food was good, but the most amazing part was when the server brought a platter of 15 different sauces. mmmmmhh, I LOVE sauces. If you've ever eaten french fries with me before, you'll know that I like eating them with ketchup, mustard, and mayo. They needed the platter for someone else, so when the waitress started to take it away, I was furiously spooning more of the sauces I liked onto my plate.

We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving on Monday with some other Americans who live an hour away from us. It was nice having a different type of Thanksgiving yesterday. The day was spent with a few new friends and helped me be more thankful for our home here.

No comments: