Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Most Fave Sport Ever

Field Hockey!

I discovered my love for the sport in the 8th grade when I first played for my high school's J.V. team. I've got so many fond memories of all my years playing field hockey and being with my team. Oh how I miss those days!

Last Saturday we took a group of kids to a youth event in Inverness. I was thrilled to find out that the retreat center we were at had a ton of plastic field hockey sticks and a wiffle ball. The equipment was a far cry from the real deal, but it would suffice for a pick-up game. I was shocked to see how many people were stoked to play.

It ended up being a boys vs. girls game. Had we not been forced to quit when dinner was served, the girls would've definitely scored twice to come from behind and emerge the victors.

The game brought back so many memories. I think I laughed the entire game, we had such a blast.



He got tired of playing by the rules and decided to throw the ball into the goal.




If only I could find a league to play in! I've been living vicariously by supporting the high school girl's field hockey team in Dornoch, but nothing replaces getting to play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you still got it . . . and you got it from ME!

love
mom