Thursday, May 07, 2009

Guess what guy's'...

A Baby!!! Our Baby!!!


Excitement, joy, relief, and overwhelming gratefulness don't even begin to express what we're feeling.

Since we lost our first baby to miscarriage, we were a bit apprehensive this time around. Well, alright, more than a bit. I couldn't let myself think about actually meeting this baby in this life. Planning for the future was out of the question. I almost expected to get the same results as last time.

But on Tuesday, that all changed. We had our first ultrasound and the fears of the last 12 weeks melted away when we got to see that adorable, healthy baby, jumping around. Seeing that heart beating like crazy was so incredible.

What a gift to be entrusted with the life of another human. We are so grateful God has allowed us to see these pictures of the child he has blessed us with. What an amazing miracle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! This is really exciting!

Ethan & Holly said...

yayyy!!!! congrats to you both!

Jules said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, Lord for this little life growing inside of Jennifer. We praise you and thank you and ask your protection over their family in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Wilson Ramblings said...

I am so happy for you! I know what this feels like and it is such a sweet time. Congrats congrats congrats!!!!!

We watched TLC Wild Weddings and I almost cried when I heard your voice! It's been so long and it was such a familiar sound. It made me realize how much i miss you!

andi said...

This is so wonderful! Congratulations you guys!

Anna said...

I couldn't be happier for you and James. Woohoo! Any cravings for haggis yet? : )

Anonymous said...

And how awesome that you get to share your wonderful news right before Mother's Day!

- Angela :-)

Vince Wood said...

We join you in thanking God. Do not fear but look with hope. God is good and He adores you.