Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tales of Trampolines

I babysat for my boss' kids earlier today. We (the four of us) jumped on their trampoline for, no joke, a combined total of 2 hours. Those 2 hours were broken up into 3 shorter sessions. And when I say jumped, I don't mean hung out for a while in between jumping...I mean jumped continuously, no breaks longer than approx. 45 seconds.

I am now a firm believer in, and proponent of, those net cage things that keep children's bodies (and older people's bodies; aka...mine) from sailing right over the edge to meet the ground at a high velocity, which has been known to result in injuries, which is a babysitters nightmare.

You know when you used to go skating at the rink (not rollerblading, the old-fashioned kind) and you'd take your skates off at the end of the night after the couple skate finale, you'd try to walk, and you felt like you were still rolling? Or if you spent all day in the ocean, you'd feel the relaxing rhythm of the waves rocking you to sleep? As I am attempting to drift off into a deep Friday evening sleep, all I feel is my body bouncing over and over again. I can assure you, it's worse than those times it feels as though the room is spinning.

No comments: