Thursday, April 05, 2007

Year 3 and Counting

Tuesday, April 3d, my husband and I celebrated the 3 year anniversary of our wedding day. I know people say it all the time, but it really is hard to believe it's already been 3 years. It's even harder to believe because I don't really think of myself as an adult, and I'm getting closer and closer to the age of "the adults."

It was an exhausting work day for both of us, but coming home is like entering the safe zone where you don't have to worry about dealing with all the crap that goes on in the world outside our doors. We rested for a little while and then decided where to go to dinner to bask in our 3 years of marriage. We settled on Akida. Let me tell you, we tore up some sushi. Desert was cinnamon rolls and neapolitan ice cream from Ukrop's.

Recently we've been bombarded with sad news of crumbling marriages among family friend's and acquaintances. It's a hard thing to understand when it happens to families that we thought were sure to last forever. It's reinforced my belief that marriages need to be nurtured, fed, and cared for every day. I love my husband and our marriage!

No comments: