Saturday, May 19, 2007

A New Love

I'm back from my short trip. What a great time! I'm now know why so many people love riding bikes.

My route there was Churchill-Leigh St.-Belvidere-Main-Grove. It took me 45 minutes. On the way back I took Cary-Parkwood (to bypass the Cary Town area)-Cary-over to Grace in Shockoe Bottom-home to Churchill. The ride home took 30 minutes.

I'm excited about biking to and from work a couple times a week. I'd love some route suggestions that any of you think would work well.

And here's a story about the most exciting part of my ride. I came upon a little boy on Parkwood (couldn't have been older than 2) hanging out in the middle of the street trying to get into a mini-van. I stopped to look, and there were no other people around anywhere. The door of the house he was near was wide open. The little guy said (in the cutest little voice you've ever heard) that that was his house when I asked. I rang the doorbell and then said, "hello?" when no one came. Finally a mom and her other son came down the stairs. A wave of emotion came over her when she realized what happened: shock, worry, relief, appreciation. She was obviously not a negligent mother; just busy, I'm sure, with active boys.

I can't say for sure what would have happened, I can only imagine there are some horrible possibilities that could result from that little boy's curiosity. But I do know that God predestines everything, and I'm glad He directed my route in the direction He did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! My bike was stolen a while ago and I didn't get a new one. Are you going to take it with you to Scotland?