Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Serious Props to the Churchill Firemen

I was biking to work this morning when I looked ahead and saw a big plume of smoke billowing way above the houses. Since I need glasses to see details at a distance, I couldn't tell where it was coming from until I was a block away. Thankfully, the fire was contained in a metal trash can. Not wanting to see a burned house on my ride home, (with memories of frequent fires in the recent past, like this one, one block east of the trash can) I called 911 to report the fire.

The trash can fire was located at 32nd street, I talked to a 911 lady when I was passing 29th street, by the time I passed the fire station on 24th street, the fire truck was pulling out of the station with it's lights flashing. That's only 5 blocks! Can you imagine how fast those guy's must move? I mean, seriously, how amazing is that? I don't know about you, but I am very impressed. I'm also very appreciative to have those guys protecting my neighborhood. Thanks so much Firemen, for all of your hardwork and sacrifices, you're doing an awesome job!

No comments: