Monday, August 13, 2007

pretty much a done deal

Our move to Scotland has been official for a while now, but now it's also non-refundable. We just bought our tickets.

Our departure date: September 12th, 5:05 pm from RIC

I can't believe we actually have a departure date. Do you know how many times I've had to say "I don't know" when asked what that date is? Seriously, at least 500x's. NOW I HAVE AN ANSWER!!!

It's kind of surreal. When we were at Continental's website, one click away from the point of no return, my mind was racing, trying to make sure I had thought of all of the 10,000 things that could prohibit us from leaving that day. But then I realized yet again, if it's God's will it's going to happen.

So now it's time to think about saying goodbye. Well, it's time for you to think about it, because I've been thinking about it for two years. But you have to do it before the airport, no goodbye's at the airport.

We've booked a return flight for April 30th so we can be in town for less than a week for our friend's wedding. Hopefully it's a Potluck Wednesday, we'll be arriving just in time for it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

FAB-U-LOUS!

I'm so excited for you guys! I know you've all been waiting much longer than planned, but the amazing thing is that God's timing is always perfect! He had you all go through this delay for a reason, if only to continue to trust him and know that he is in control.

And I won't say goodbye--just See ya later!

Love,
Andrea