Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Visa's Have Arrived!

Monday morning I got a call from FedEx asking for directions to the delivery address for our package. What?!?
Since when does FedEx call the recipient of a piece of mail for directions?

You can imagine I wasn't too surprised when by 5:00pm, no package had arrived at my parents house even though a 10:30am arrival was guaranteed.
We were pretty stressed. The FedEx lady had it confirmed in her computer as delivered. We looked everywhere. No Visa's in sight.

Thankfully, my dad thought to check with the pschizophrenic neighbor. Sure enough, it was delivered to him...and he opened it! I'm not being facetious, he's really pschizophrenic, I won't go into details now, just trust me on this one.

So we have them, and I will never use FedEx if I have a choice in it. I'm a UPS girl from now on.

I'm sitting here trying to come to grasps with the fact that we're moving to Scotland...TOMORROW! It's pretty insane actually. I'm very touched by the expressions of love so many of our friends and family have exhibited. They are what help keep us encouraged and excited! You have all helped us make it to this point in the journey, and I'm sure we will be relying on you even more from this point on!

I've been especially touched by my friend Valerie's most recent words of love here and here. I'm so glad you're in my life Val, you are exactly what a friend should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's what I do.

I'm seriously so excited for you now that we've gotten the goodbye out of the way =)

Today I'll be praying for a safe flight and quick Internet access upon your arrival.

much, much MUCH love to you and the gigantic James.