Friday, November 16, 2007

Home Alone

James just left for a conference in Edinburgh. Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle is headlining a men's conference. He's really good. We teach Sunday School during the morning worship service, so since we miss the sermon, our Sunday afternoons involve a lot of relaxing on the couch and listening to a sermon online. Most Sunday's, it's been something from Driscoll.

James took another guy named James with him, I'm so excited for them, I know this is going to be a great trip. I love it when James can do stuff like this. I'm all for guy time; it makes him a better person, which makes him a better spouse, which is never a bad thing.

I remember when this marriage thing was brand new to me, I was really jealous for his time. Knowing what I know now, I wish I could have told myself during those first 6-8 months how silly I was being, and that I was doing us both a disservice by hindering the time he needed for personal growth.

I'm definitely not an introvert, but occasionally I need time to myself. I just got back from Youth Clubs, and I am looking forward to curling up in bed with my hot water bottle (since James usually warms my ice cold feet) falling asleep to an episode of Grey's Anatomy, (since my Project Runway episode will be downloading while I sleep. yay!) getting up tomorrow and doing a whole bunch of stuff, all by myself. It's going to be great.

I'll enjoy my day, James will enjoy his, and I'll be stoked to have him home again tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have time away from each other. It makes you miss each other a little bit.

I'm Jennifer said...

so true!